Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Simon Pepping <sp...@leverkruid.eu> on 2009/10/16 17:15:27 UTC

checkstyle changes in the build

I do not like this style of only using tools in FOP's own tools directory:

<condition property="checkstyle.avail">
	<and>
    <available classname="com.puppycrawl.tools.checkstyle.CheckStyleTask">
      <classpath>
        <path refid="libs-build-tools-classpath"/>
      </classpath>
    </available>
    <available file="${checkstyle.noframes.xslt}"/>
  </and>
</condition>

Previous versions of build.xml allowed me to use the Debian provided
jar files:

checkstyle.home.dir=/usr/share/java

<property name="checkstyle.lib" value="${checkstyle.home.dir}"/>
<path id="libs-checkstyle">
  <fileset dir="${checkstyle.lib}">
    <include name="*.jar"/>
  </fileset>
</path>

I would like to see this possibility restored.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.eu