Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Butler, Pete" <Pe...@Robot-rx.com> on 2002/12/02 23:44:26 UTC

RE: Problem with Log4j and Weblogic hot deploy (SOLVED -- user error)

Never mind.

The problem I was having was that, unbeknownst to me, the app's EJBs
were hitting their own log4j properties file, which had very different
settings from the file I was using.

For some reason, bouncing the server resulted in MY properties file
getting used, while a re-deploy was picking up the OTHER file.

So, today's lesson is don't allow different points in your code to call
out different log4j properties files.  The little bastards will fight
with each other.

If anyone needs me, I'll be the developer sitting in the corner wearing
the "Dunce" cap.

Thanks to everybody who tried to help.

				-- Pete

attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of
the original message.