Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Dmitri Plotnikov <dm...@apache.org> on 2007/02/19 19:19:46 UTC

Re: [jxpath] was: [all] Status of components

Hi,

I just wanted to express my immense gratitude to Matt Benson for stepping in
as the new curator of JXPath.  I am happy that it will be in such capable
hands.

BTW, JXPath does not really have to be dormant.  If somebody were interested
in taking it further, there are several things that could still be done,
e.g. XPath 2.0 conformance, some level of integration with java.xml.xpath,
also perhaps some new SPI, which would allow an alternate engine to step in
and provide an optimized implementation for some object model (think Jaxen
for DOM).  Of course, I wanted to do all those things myself, but I have
been very busy on other projects lately.

Best regards,

- Dmitri Plotnikov

Posted by Dmitri Plotnikov <dm...@apache.org>.
Matt,

I fully agree.

As you can see from the thread on JXPATH-61, the discussion was quite
heated, so in the end I decided to just let it simmer and neither release
nor revert the changes for a while.  It's years and no new arguments have
been added to the discussion. The prevailing opinion appears to be to keep
things as they were in 1.2.  Thus we should revert the changes (which are
not too extensive anyway).

Thank you,

- Dmitri

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.