Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Steve973 <st...@gmail.com> on 2023/04/06 19:27:08 UTC

What would you want to see in a dynamic router eip component spring boot example?

Hello.  I am working on beefing up the spring boot example for the
dynamic-router-eip component.  Since it was introduced in 3.15, I have not
had any feedback on it, so I am guessing that it has slipped through the
cracks, or people might not realize the very versatile capabilities that it
has.  The current example has a process sending a sequence of a million
numbers to the dynamic router instance, where approximately ten subscribers
have registered their rules that evaluate the exchange to see if the
message is appropriate to be sent to them.  When a subscriber receives a
message, it gets the number out of the message and contributes to a bunch
of statistics that are printed out at the end.   This all happens within a
single JVM, so it is all right, but it's not very exciting.

So, I am emailing this list to solicit some feedback from any/all of you.
If you take a look at the EIP description:

https://www.enterpriseintegrationpatterns.com/patterns/messaging/DynamicRouter.html

What types of examples would you want to see?  Can you think of use cases
for it that would showcase its capabilities?  Presently, I am expanding
that original example that I described above -- now each subscriber resides
in its own spring boot application.  One of the modules reads from a pulsar
topic, and routes messages to its dynamic router instance.  Subscribers
provide their own pulsar destination URIs for exchanges that match their
criteria.  This shows more of the power of what this EIP component provides
-- this is a system that uses a very dynamic command pattern where all of
the logic is decentralized.

But I am also looking for other ideas that I haven't thought of that could
showcase this component better.

Thanks,
Steve