Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ge...@nokia.com on 2002/08/27 10:33:23 UTC

custom faults

Hi,

 As far as I know the final mechanism to handle custom
SOAP faults is missing in Axis. Although, looking at the source
code, it looks like the problem is moving towards a solution.
Is somebody working on this issue ? Can you developers tell us
a probable date when this will be ready ?
 The thing is, that I need to solve this problem ASAP, meaning
in the next days. Concluding the previous experiences, the thing
seems to work if one can somehow put it's custom data into the
AxisFault's faultDetail field. So what we have right now is a custom
exception class dervied from AxisFault and generated from a WSDL.
What we (I) need is way to serialize my custom data from the exception
and insert it into the detail field of the AxisFault object. Looking
at the source of the generated exceptions, it seems that there are things
(like TypeDesc, etc) that help the serialization of these exceptions.
This could be made by an exception-serializer handler or something like
that.
  What do you guys thing is the solution to do this ? Or is this
done yet in the latest nightly ? If not please suggest me a starting
direction. I assume that a BeanSerializer should digest these exceptions
somehow. How to do it ?

  Thanx for help, Geza

P.S. Please respond to the axis-user list.