Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Michaël Van de Borne <mi...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/08 17:29:28 UTC

Adding a new host in a manually managed kerberized cluster

Hi,

I'm using Ambri 2.1 on HDP 2.3.2.
The custer has been Kerberos-secured with FreeIPA as a KDC and directory
service.
Thus, as I chose to integrate with FreeIPA, I then used the manual
process, instead of leveraging Ambari's Kerberos service.

Now I'm trying to add a new host (datanode, nodemanager, ...) to my cluster.
Using Ambari's wizard, all checks are running properly, no warning
whatsoever.
But at the time I click on the "Deploy" button at the end of the wizard,
nothing happens.
I troubleshooted that the request triggered at that moment targets to
https://ambari.mydomain.be:8443/api/v1/clusters/mycluster/services/KERBEROS?fields=Services/attributes/kdc_validation_result

And the problem is: I have no KERBEROS in my services list. And I cannot
add it using the "add service wizard". And I guess this is because
Kerberos is already enabled.

In the "add host wizard", there is no way to tell that I'm not using the
Ambari's embedded Kerberos service.
So how can I add a new cluster host using Ambari now?

thank you guys,

cheers,

m.

--