Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Patrick Heiden <pa...@gmx.de> on 2009/06/05 14:07:55 UTC

Re: dynamic cForm generation

Hello together!

Has anybody (maybe Rashel Shehata him/herself) solved the issue mentioned in

http://markmail.org/message/delryq7vo2t34keb

There Rashel tries to generate fd and ft dynamically and gets the following error:

org.apache.cocoon.forms.FormsRuntimeException: The template cannot find a form object

I am stuck at the same point and very interested in solutions!

Best regards,
Patrick

Re: Resource outside jar

Posted by Barbara Slupik <ba...@wro.vectranet.pl>.
Benjamin, thanks for your help.

I use Spring Configurator for database settings. It works very well.

I decided to put my Printers.xml file in context, that is in my block/
application webapp. My client can add his custom Printers.xml to the
application webapp after installation. Printers.xml is outside jar, so
my client can modify it easily at any time.

In my sitemap I refer to Printers.xml file like this:

	<map:generate src="context://Printers.xml"/>
	<map:read mime-type="text/xml" src="context://Printers.xml"/>

It works both in jetty and tomcat.

Barbara

Re: Resource outside jar

Posted by Benjamin Boksa <ma...@boksa.de>.
Hi Barbara,

Re: Resource outside jar

Posted by Barbara Slupik <ba...@wro.vectranet.pl>.
Production environment runs on my client's server. Development
environment runs on my computer.

My client has multiple users. He wants to change and add new printers
but he does not want to rebuild the application every time printer
details change.

What I am trying to do is to apply the same pattern which has been
applied in an older application running in cocoon-2.0. In that
application there is one Printers.xml file for all users and it
contains information about printers (for example which render to use:
pcl or postscript). User selects some processing parameters and a
printer and submits a batch job as a jms request. The request goes to
jms server which does the processing and prints the results on user's
printer.

Re: Resource outside jar

Posted by Bart Remmerie <re...@gmail.com>.
Where is the server running ?
Are there multiple clients running on one server ?  Or is the server
running @ the client ?

Bart

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 9:21 AM, Barbara
Slupik<ba...@wro.vectranet.pl> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am using cocoon-2.2.0. I want to define an xml file with printers
> configuration. This file should be outside application jar because my client
> will configure his own printers there. Printers defined in the xml file will
> be displayed on one of the application screens so that user can select a
> printer from the list. Is it possible to do? How?
>
> Barbara

Bart Remmerie
+32 (0477) 78.88.76
remmerie@gmail.com

Resource outside jar

Re: RE: dynamic cForm generation

Posted by Gabriel Gruber <Ga...@workflow.at>.
Hi Patrick!

In order to dynamically create a JX-Template you have to make sure through
your pipeline machinery, that you are *NOT* using jx-template generator to
create the initial form template.

what you can do however is to delegate the creation to another pipeline,
f.i.

            <!-- generate Form Template here without using JX -->
            <map:match pattern="getReportFilterFormTemplate">
                <map:generate type="file"
src="resource://at/workflow/webdesk/rp/resources/views/filterSkeleton.xml"/>
                <map:transform type="include"/>
                <map:serialize type="xml"/>
            </map:match>

            <!-- Report Form-->
            <map:match pattern="forms/rp/testReportFilter">
                <map:generate type="jx"
src="cocoon:/getReportFilterFormTemplate" label="raw"/>
                <map:transform type="browser-update"/>
                    <map:select type="ajax-request">
                        <map:when test="true">
                            <map:select type="request-parameter">
                                <map:parameter name="parameter-name"
value="dojo.transport"/>
                                <map:when test="iframe">
                                    <map:transform
src="resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/IframeTransport-bu-styling.xsl"/>
                                    <map:serialize type="xhtml"/><!-- this
is really important !!!! -->
                                </map:when>
                                <map:otherwise>
                                    <map:serialize type="xml"/>
                                </map:otherwise>
                            </map:select>
                        </map:when>
                        <map:otherwise>
                            <map:serialize type="html"/>
                        </map:otherwise>
                    </map:select>
            </map:match>

Its crucial to NOT use within that 2nd pipeline. you can use other
technologies like include-transformer or xslt to accomplish building your
form template xml on the fly...

cheers,
gabriel
______________________
Mag. Gabriel Gruber
Senior Consultant
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Workflow EDV GmbH, Dannebergplatz 6/23, A-1030 Wien
http://www.workflow.at

"Patrick Heiden" <pa...@gmx.de>
05.06.2009 16:08
Please respond to
users@cocoon.apache.org

users@cocoon.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: RE: dynamic cForm generation

Hi Robby,

thanks for your link!
But I am afrait that form-libs will not solve my problem:

"With this feature, it is now possible to define libraries of form
definitions and bindings. Specific support for templates was intentionally
left out because of the frequently changing and unstructured nature of
it."

Also I was not able to see WHY form-libs are suitable for dynamic
form-generation (especially because ft's are not supported!).

When I think it over (as a first-shot) it will be a better way to generate
the fd-/ft-/ and fb-files out of the domainlayer (according to some change
needed) and save the resulting XML-files inside my block-structure. But
upfront I was trying not to reinvent the wheel and generate XML by myself
:)

Cheers,
Patrick

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Posted by Patrick Heiden <pa...@gmx.de>.
Hi Robby,

Posted by Patrick Heiden <pa...@gmx.de>.
Hi Robby,

of course I'll take a look ;)

But meanwhile I found 'the reason' why I get this error:

It is because I use a jxTemplateGenerator and include jx-macros!
There some will find the following macro:

<!--
ft:form-template:
preferred syntax is now "ft:form"
(we know we're in a template)
-->
    <jx:macro name="form-template" targetNamespace="http://apache.org/cocoon/forms/1.0#template">
      <jx:set var="localeSitemapParameter" value="${cocoon.parameters.getParameter('locale', '')}"/>
      <jx:set var="cformsHelper" value="#{org.apache.cocoon.forms.generation.JXMacrosHelper.createHelper($cocoon/consumer,$cocoon/request,$localeSitemapParameter)}"/>
      <jx:set var="form" value="${cformsHelper.getForm(CocoonFormsInstance, cocoon.parameters['attribute-name'])}"/>
      <jx:if test="${cformsHelper.isVisible(form)}">
        <jx:set var="cformsDummy" value="${cformsHelper.startForm(form, macro.arguments)}"/>
        <!-- the form is also the current widget -->
        <jx:set var="widget" value="${form}"/>
        <jx:evalBody/>
        <jx:set var="cformsDummy" value="${cformsHelper.endForm()}"/>
      </jx:if>
    </jx:macro>

And this one 'kicks' me out, because within my template generation each <ft:form-template>-Tag gets replaced at form-template...

So could anybody give advice while I'm checking Robbys hints?

Cheers,
Patrick

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 14:25:34 +0200
> Von: "Robby Pelssers" <ro...@ciber.com>
> An: users@cocoon.apache.org
> Betreff: RE: dynamic cForm generation

> We've done the same thing in the past but back then they were already
> working on a form library.
>
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/formlibraries.html
>
> Why don't you see if this will fill your needs.
>
> Robby

GMX FreeDSL mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate und Telefonanschluss nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!
http://dslspecial.gmx.de/freedsl-aktionspreis/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a

RE: dynamic cForm generation