Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/08 20:09:09 UTC

[VOTE] Release Qpid JMS client 0.6.0

Hi folks,

I have put together a first spin for a 0.6.0 Qpid JMS client release,
please test it and vote accordingly.

The source and binary archives can be grabbed from here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.6.0-rc1/

Those files and the other maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1046

Regards,
Robbie

P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src,
or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access
the staging repo:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1046</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

The dependency for the client itself would then be:

  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
    <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
    <version>0.6.0</version>
  </dependency>

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid JMS client 0.6.0

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 8 October 2015 at 19:09, Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a first spin for a 0.6.0 Qpid JMS client release,
> please test it and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from here:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.6.0-rc1/
>
> Those files and the other maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1046
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>

> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src,
> or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access
> the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1046</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>     <version>0.6.0</version>
>   </dependency>

Making my +1 explicit.

I tested things as follows:
- Verified the checksums and sigs of both archives.
- Checked the LICENCE and NOTICE files were present and look ok in both.
- Ran the build and tests using the source archive, all passed.
- Verified source archive licence headers using "mvn apache-rat:check".
- Used the staging repo contents to:
 -- Run the examples against the Qpid Java broker from master.
 -- Run the qpid-java joram tests profile against the java broker.
 -- Run the examples against Qpid Dispatch router 0.5.
 -- Run the examples against Qpid C++ broker 0.34.
 -- Run the examples against ActiveMQ 5.12 broker.
 -- Run the ActiveMQ master build and its AMQP module tests.

Robbie

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid JMS client 0.6.0

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
+1

* Validated signature and checksums
* Check license and notices in src and bin archives
* Built from source and ran all tests
* Ran examples against ActiveMQ broker
* Ran ActiveMQ internal AMQP tests using the deployed artifacts.

On 10/08/2015 02:09 PM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a first spin for a 0.6.0 Qpid JMS client release,
> please test it and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from here:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.6.0-rc1/
>
> Those files and the other maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1046
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>

> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src,
> or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access
> the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1046</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>     <version>0.6.0</version>
>   </dependency>

Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.
tim.bish@redhat.com | www.redhat.com
twitter: @tabish121
blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid JMS client 0.6.0

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1

I ran the Qpid Joram JMS Testsuite with the 0.6.0 client against the Java
Broker.
No issues encountered.

Posted by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>.