Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by "riki.eng" <ri...@inbox.com> on 2009/03/02 23:34:00 UTC

Updating local cache using timestamp/checksum

Hi guys,

use case:
I have a remote repo that I access via an http resolver. When I run a
resolve we cache the jars and the ivy files locally. For some reason, I need
to change the ivy files on the repo. Next time I run a resolve, the modified
files are updated.

I was wondering if it is possible in ivy to update the cache with a newer
version, if available in the remote repo. Basically, when I change an ivy
file (or jar) in the repo, I would like to see it changing locally. Even
though I am caching, we could check against the timestamp of the cached
files and download them only if they have changed since.
Another option could be use checksum for the same purpose.

I understand that in a "perfect" repo I wouldn't modify existing files, but
things are not always clean when they are added to it so we might need to
get back to them.

Any idea would be appreciated!
Riccardo

Re: Updating local cache using timestamp/checksum

Posted by Maarten Coene <ma...@yahoo.com>.
You can use the checkmodified and changingPattern attributes on your http resolver to accomplish this:
- checkmodified is to check for updated ivy.xml files
- changingPattern is to check for updated artifacts

More info: http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-release/settings/resolvers.html#common

Maarten