Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/15 11:43:11 UTC

native2ascii-maven-plugin (mojo) depends on SUN JDK

Hello,

I've tried appfuse archetypes and they use native2ascii-maven-plugin for
resources files.
This plugin sounds interesting, but it depends on SUN JDK classes. I'm using
jRockit on my ubuntu server.

-> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun.tools.native2ascii.Main

Couldn't this plugin

option 1 : use an alternative opensource tool, like
kaffe.tools.native2ascii.Native2Ascii /
gnu.classpath.tools.native2ascii.Native2Ascii ? (that is what ant 1.7  does
in Native2AsciiAdapterFactory )

option 2 : use some profile to enable dependencies scope "system" on
com.sun:tools ONLY if current JDK is SUN JDK

Nico.

Re: native2ascii-maven-plugin (mojo) depends on SUN JDK

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
ummm, jrockit comes with sun.tools.native2ascii.Main

-D

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.