Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ashish Kulkarni <ku...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/08 23:53:48 UTC

error in jsp??? Response has already been committed

Hi,

I am developing some jsp pages, and i get the
following error <br>
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Response has already
been committed
	at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunResponse.resetContent(../servlet/JRunResponse.java:172)
	at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.runServlet(../servlet/JRunSE.java:1201)
	at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.forward(../servlet/JRunRequestDispatcher.java:89)<br>

In my jsp, I have some logic which check if there is
anydata in database or else forwards the request to
other page,
so when i m trying to forward the request i get this
error.
I tried
request.getRequestDispatcher("PL1077Display.jsp").forward(request,
response);

also
response.sendRedirect("PL1077Display.jsp");
and also <jsp:forward >
Ashish

Re: jsp include question

Posted by Jose Francisco Junior <jj...@zipmail.com>.
If you want to redirect the request you have to do it
 before printing any other thing on the page.

Example:

it works:

<redirect code here>

<head>
</head>

it does not work:

<head>
</head>

<redirect code here>
On Fri, 9 Aug 2002 09:38:32 -0700 (PDT)
Ashish Kulkarni <ku...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Hi
>
>I am developing a web application and came accross
>this problem.
>when in my jsp page i have <jsp:include> runtime
>include and then later in the code when i have
>response.sendRedirect or
>request.getRequestDispatcher() to forward the jsp page
>i get error saying the
>java.lang.IllegalStateException: Response has already
>been committed.
>but when i use <%@ %> compile time include i  dont get
>this error,
>Can some one explain the why
>Ashish

>For additional commands, e-mail:
> <ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Prefiro as lágrimas da derrota
do que a vergonha de não ter lutado...

Willan Brook

jsp include question

Re: error in jsp??? Response has already been committed

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
If that is how your page is programmed - then yes.

In a nutshell - try to ensure your JSP is doing "display" things only.
Or if it needs to perform logic which may invoke errors
(getting/checking data) - try to perform that logic at the very
beginning of the JSP so a minimal amount of info is buffered and
exceptions may be caught and you can effortlessly redirect to an error page.

Posted by Ashish Kulkarni <ku...@yahoo.com>.
Hi

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.