Posted to users@groovy.apache.org by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au> on 2017/02/02 22:39:12 UTC

Fwd: I need I help to create two litlle scripts using groovy

I have forwarded your question to the users list which is specifically
designed for usage questions about Groovy.

This list is for discussions about developing the Groovy language itself.

Cheers, Paul.

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.
Hi,

It wasn't clear to me whether you need to access a general purpose
database or just do a JQL query, so I'll give a pointer to both.

There are numerous tutorials about accessing databases with Groovy, e.g.:

http://groovy-lang.org/databases.html

If you need to do a jql query; perhaps this will help:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/134531/how-to-run-jql-query-inside-groovy-script

If I understand correctly, you also need to access Jira outside jql
queries. For this, you could look at how our build access Jira, e.g.:

https://github.com/groovy/groovy-release/blob/master/gradle/phase1.gradle#L86
https://github.com/groovy/groovy-release/blob/master/gradle/phase1.gradle#L236

It is using a gradle build system but hopefully the RESTClient part
makes sense to you. It can be used outside gradle.

Just ask if you have further questions.

Cheers, Paul.