Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Dan Adams <da...@ifactory.com> on 2007/10/17 17:01:14 UTC

Connection between component messages and symbols

So right now I have a situation where I need my library to provided some
default values for some things it provides. The natural place for this
seems to be FactoryDefaults. The problem is that certain things are only
looked up in the component messages when determining defaults and it
doesn't appear that symbols and included when searching for messages
(ComponentMessageSourceImpl uses an AssetFactory and the application
properties file). So the question is:

Is it appropriate to have the global SymbolSource included when looking
for component messages? Perhaps after the assets and application
properties file?

Some background on the issue:
I'm adding a validator that takes an optional constraint. Rather than
changing Validator to support this I just want to include a blank
default constraint value for the validator in the library that
contributes it. But I know this issue of looking up defaults is going to
come up for other components.

--
Dan Adams
Senior Software Engineer