Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Eric Dalquist <er...@doit.wisc.edu> on 2010/03/28 14:35:56 UTC

2.0.1 and 2.1.0 timelines

Ate,

What is your timeline for 2.0.1? I think I'd like to look at creating a
2.1.0 branch to do some refactoring as far as what goes where in the
pluto modules as well as some new features and changes. If I start that
branch this week will it interfere with the 2.0.1 work?

I think the first place I'll be focusing is the portlet registration
process. As far as I can tell the current implementation breaks if the
portal webapp is ever redeployed. Portlets appear to start a Timer when
they init to register themselves with a portal injected implementation
class. If the portal is restarted that class is no longer valid but
there is no way for the redeployed portal to still access the previously
registered portlets. I have a few ideas on how to address this but I'll
post more detail once I've actually dug in a little further.

-Eric

Re: 2.0.1 and 2.1.0 timelines

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
On 04/19/2010 10:02 PM, Eric Dalquist wrote:
> Well I disappeared for some family reasons and it looks like this is
> semi-resolved since 2.0.1 is being released right now.
>
> I would advocate for creating a 2.0-patches branch off of the 2.0.1
> release that will allow 2.1 development to occur without potentially
> causing problems for a 2.0.2 if the need arises. We would just need to
> be aware that fixing bugs requires changes in both trunk and the branch.
> Does this sound like a reasonable approach to take once the 2.0.1
> release work is completely done with? Pluto doesn't appear to have many
> branches to date so are there any suggestions for a branch name? In
> absence of other ideas I would suggest "pluto-2.0.x" which fits with the
> "pluto-1.1.x" branch that exists in SVN.

+1 to all of the above.

I intend to do some 2.0.2 fixes and a new bugfix release of that within the next few weeks.
When you create the 2.0.x branch, I'll start fixing both trees after that.

Ate

Re: 2.0.1 and 2.1.0 timelines

Posted by Eric Dalquist <er...@doit.wisc.edu>.

Re: 2.0.1 and 2.1.0 timelines