Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rashmi Varma <ra...@tcs.com> on 2006/12/28 11:35:09 UTC

Manual installation of plugins

Hi,
I have downloaded Maven 2.0.4 and am working from behind a proxy. Somehow
despit giving th setting correctly in the config file, I am not able to
access the remote repository. For installing manually, I need to have at
least the maven-install-plugin installed.

Could somebody tell me how to go about it.

Thanks and Regards

Rashmi Varma
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: rashmi.varma@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: Manual installation of plugins

Posted by Rashmi Varma <ra...@tcs.com>.
Have tried that but does not seem to work. Even if I specify offline in
settings, it still tries to connect to central. Anything else that needs
to be done?

Rashmi Varma
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: rashmi.varma@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

"Eric Ballet Baz" <eb...@gmail.com> wrote on 12/29/2006 04:07:19 PM:

> Simply put it in your local repository and work offline : See the
> documentation : http://maven.apache.org/settings.html

> Eric Ballet Baz
> eballetbaz@gmail.com
> http://eballetbaz.free.fr
>
> On 12/29/06, Rashmi Varma <ra...@tcs.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> > Thanks. I have downloaded the plugin jar. What I now do not know is,
where
> > should I place it and how should I stop maven trying to connect to the
> > central repository.
> >
> > Rashmi Varma
> > Tata Consultancy Services
> > Mailto: rashmi.varma@tcs.com
> > Website: http://www.tcs.com
> >
> > "Eric Ballet Baz" <eb...@gmail.com> wrote on 12/29/2006 02:30:09
PM:

Posted by Eric Ballet Baz <eb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bhupendra Bhardwaj <bh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You must be having a localRepository path in your settings. plugin needs to
be put there with same directory structure as in central repository.
I think best thing would be to try getting the remote repository connection
problem resolved.

maven will try connecting to central repository because your project POM
inherits respository url from super POM.
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-pom.html

Regards,
Bhupendra

Posted by Rashmi Varma <ra...@tcs.com>.