Posted to api@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/04 14:44:52 UTC

Some rennaming

Hi guys !

Happy new years first !

Ok, since last december when we started to discuss about naming, we have
had a lot of work to finish on our side, but now that we are almost
done, we can move on and do some basic renaming on ADS client API to
stick with what OpenDS team has selected, and to what we agreed on.

- LdapDN will be renamed to DN
- Rdn will be renamed to RDN
- AttributeTypeAndValue (ouf...) will be renamed to AVA.

More to come !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.nextury.com

Re: Some rennaming

Posted by Ludovic Poitou <Lu...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Emmanuel.

Happy New Year to you and the Apache project.
Let's try to do a summary of where we are and the next steps for the beginning of next week.

Ludo

On Jan 4, 2010, at 2:44 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> Hi guys !
>
> Happy new years first !
>
> Ok, since last december when we started to discuss about naming, we have had a lot of work to finish on our side, but now that we are almost done, we can move on and do some basic renaming on ADS client API to stick with what OpenDS team has selected, and to what we agreed on.
>
> - LdapDN will be renamed to DN
> - Rdn will be renamed to RDN
> - AttributeTypeAndValue (ouf...) will be renamed to AVA.
>
> More to come !
>
> --
> Regards,
> Cordialement,
> Emmanuel Lécharny
> www.nextury.com

---
Ludovic Poitou                                    Sun Microsystems Inc.
OpenDS Community Manager            Directory Services
http://blogs.sun.com/Ludo/         Grenoble Engineering Center - France

Join OpenDS, https://opends.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectMembershipRequest

Sun Microsystems requires the following notice:
NOTICE:  This email message is for the sole use of the intended