Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org> on 2015/03/13 00:14:14 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Ignite 1.0.0 RC3 release

I have uploaded the new RC3 release candidate to:
  http://people.apache.org/~dsetrakyan/ignite-1.0.0-RC3

The following changes were made based on all the feedback I got for RC2:

1. Added DISCLAIMER.txt
2. Added DEVNOTES.txt
3. Updated NOTICE.txt with section about "org.jdk8.backport" package
released to public domain under creative commons.
4. Removed "licenses" folder

Instructions on how to run RAT and how to build the project are available
in DEVNOTES.txt file.

Please start voting.

+1 - to accept the RC2 as Apache Ignite (incubating) 1.0
0 - don't care either way
-1 - DO NOT accept RC2 as Apache Ignite (incubating) 1.0 (explain why)

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ignite 1.0.0 RC3 release

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Sorry, the footer should say RC3, not RC2 (fixed).

D.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 07:55AM, Branko Čibej wrote:
> On 13.03.2015 04:42, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
> > Checksums are ok
> > Signature is ok
> > rat report looks good
> > sha1sum file looks good, but md5sum still has a weird format. At least now
> > it is easy to validate, so issue for me.
> >
> > -1 however (sorry) because
> >
> > - top level directory is called incubator-ignite-ce2230b, should be
> >   incubator-ignite-1.0, I believe. Also, it'd make sense to name the archive
> >   and sum files in the same fashion. This way, once the RC is accepted to the
> >   release all you need to do is to rename the directory but the file names
> >   will remain the same.
>
> On this point: there's really no reason to put -RC3 in the actual
> package name or the unzipped directory name if you intend to release
> without the release-candidate tag. Just call it
> ignite-incubating-1.0.0.zip (and .zip.asc and .zip.sha1, etc.). Once a
> release vote passes, the *only* thing that should happen to the files is
> them being copied to the dist/release repository; no renaming.

I believe this is what I said. By directory I meant the one where the files
are published. Sorry, if my explanation was convoluted - dealing with some
.... @work tonight ;(

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.
On 13.03.2015 05:03, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
> One more:
>   when the binaries are built and ran the version says
>
>   Ignite ver. 1.0.0-rc3#19691231-sha1:DEV
>
> Instead of 1.0.0 I believe. Although I was building with -P-release, so may be
> it is a side effect of that.
>
> And this error is still there
> ./bin/ignitevisorcmd.sh
> Error: Could not find or load main class org.apache.ignite.visor.commands.VisorConsole
>
> Which perhaps isn't a blocker for the release

It works for me.

-- Brane

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ignite 1.0.0 RC3 release

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
One more:

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.
On 13.03.2015 09:32, Dmitriy Setrakyan wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 1:13 AM, Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On 13.03.2015 08:41, Dmitriy Setrakyan wrote:
>>> Brane,
>>>
>>> 1. The license files you are seeing are used for the binary builds and
>> are
>>> not related to the source code. I believe we are not violating any ASF
>>> policies here by having these files under the source tree.
>> Sure, I was just wondering why they're there. As a matter of interest:
>> how and why does the binary build use a GPL license file?
>>
> They are there for informational purposes only. For example, our optional
> hibernate module does not have any hibernate code, but does have a binary
> dependency on the hibernate jar. We provide the license simply to inform
> the user that this dependency, if used and enabled, will bring in another
> license into their application.
>
> Does this make sense?

Sure, thanks.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ignite 1.0.0 RC3 release

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Brane,

[...]