Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com> on 2014/08/08 19:50:41 UTC

[DISCUSS] Removing template URL format checking logic

Hi,

With reference to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-5512 Marcus and I think we should remove the template URL format checking logic because:

- It does not handle pre-signed URL (say something that does not end with .vhd etc, but has bunch of http params)
- One can game the system by say renaming any file to respective format
- We dumb down, take whatever URL user gives and use the format they specify in their register template API call

Marcus also notes that TemplateUtils utility would validate selected format.

Please discuss if you’ve any use-case that can get affected by this?

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +41 779015219 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: [DISCUSS] Removing template URL format checking logic

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Daan,

On 13-Aug-2014, at 12:34 pm, Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If this fixes the CLVM issue in KVM environments, I want it in 4.4.

Not related to CLVM directly, just template/url stuff.

> Rohit, can you expand on this?

Not a major bugfix, can be even viewed as a feature to support pre-signed urls (urls that don’t end with an extention).

You may follow it here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-5512

Pick on your own discretion, probably not critical for 4.4.1

Cheers.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Daan

Re: [DISCUSS] Removing template URL format checking logic

Posted by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hey,

Posted by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>.