Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/22 14:44:04 UTC

Issue in JDK 1.5 for the Axis2 web archive

Hi all,
While trying to test the Axis2 web archive in a JDK 1.5 environment we
discovered the following problem.
When the WSDL is asked for, you see a class not found exception due to
the presence of the xml-apis.jar. The TransformerFactory is picked
from the xml-apis.jar rather than the runtime and then it tries to
load the xalan classes which are not present in the jdk 1.5
environment. We can work around this problem by several ways.

1. Ask JDK 1.5 guys to put the xalan-2.7.0.jar into the
axis2/WEB-INF/lib dir manually. We've checked and made sure that this
works.
2. Release two versions of the war so that JDK 1.5 guys have to
download a different version of the war.

What I fear is that we may have to do a similar change to the startup
scripts as well to get away with this.

Also note that this issue is only in tomcat 5.0 and not tomcat 5.5.
Even though tomcat ppl say they recommend tomcat 5.5 for JDK 1.5,  I
would say there'll be a lot of folks who use tomcat 5.0.

Any ideas ?

--
Ajith Ranabahu