Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Martin Moser <ma...@qfs.de> on 2007/01/09 12:09:31 UTC

Compiling with javamake

Hi all,

I wanted to compile my project with javamake instead of javac.

Therefore I changed the compiler plugin as follows:
	<plugin>
		<artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifacdId>
		<configuration>
			<executable>javamake</executable>
		</configuration>
	</plugin>

Now maven still tries to pass parameters like -target to the compiler-call,
but -target isn't supported and causes javamake to interrupt with an error.

How is this configured correctly? Do I have to use another plugin there?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Martin

--
Martin Moser

Re: Compiling with javamake

Posted by Martin Moser <ma...@qfs.de>.
Hi Wayne,

thanks for showing this up.

I intend to do so, but before I've to complete it. :-)

Regards,
Martin

--On Donnerstag, Januar 11, 2007 09:25:30 -0600 Wayne Fay
<wa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If this is something that others might benefit from, it would be nice
> if you would package it up and contribute it to the Maven Compiler
> plugin team for inclusion in a future release.
>
> I'm not familiar with javamake so I don't know how many people use it,
> why you'd choose it over javac, etc but more options are always a good
> thing.
>
> Wayne
>
> On 1/11/07, Martin M <ma...@qfs.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I solved the issue on my own.
>> I implemented my own compiler-plugin and activated it via replacing the
>> default compiler in components.xml of maven-core.jar. It seems to work
>> fine now.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Martin
>>

>> Martin M wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I wanted to compile my project with javamake instead of javac.
>> >
>> > Therefore I changed the compiler plugin as follows:
>> >       <plugin>
>> >               <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>> >               <artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifacdId>
>> >               <configuration>
>> >                       <executable>javamake</executable>
>> >               </configuration>
>> >       </plugin>
>> >

>> > Now maven still tries to pass parameters like -target to the
>> > compiler-call,
>> > but -target isn't supported and causes javamake to interrupt with an
>> > error.
>> >

>> > How is this configured correctly? Do I have to use another plugin
>> > there?
>> >

>> > Thanks in advance!
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Martin
>> >

>> > --
>> > Martin Moser

Martin Moser                                  Martin.Moser@qfs.de
Quality First Software GmbH                     http://www.qfs.de
Tulpenstr. 41                                Tel: +49 8171 919874
DE-82538 Geretsried                          Fax: +49 8171 919876

Re: Compiling with javamake

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Compiling with javamake

Posted by Martin M <ma...@qfs.de>.