Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Maurizio Pedraglio <pe...@ngi.it> on 2006/03/21 15:52:04 UTC

Error deploying the simplest portlet of guide-simple-portlet (guides)

hello, I'm trying to develop the first portlet (simplest) under jetspeed
2 as shown in:
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-simple-portlet.html

I followed every steps but i get in trouble with deployment phase.
Tomcat replies me with the following errors:

ERROR: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: WEB-INF/web.xml
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.DeploymentException:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentExc
eption: WEB-INF/web.xml
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.DeployPortletAppEventListener.dep
loyPortletApplication(DeployPortletAppEventListener.java:173)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.DeployPortletAppEventListener.inv
okeDeploy(DeployPortletAppEventListener.java:158)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.StandardDeploymentManager.dispatc
h(StandardDeploymentManager.java:257)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.StandardDeploymentManager.deploy(
StandardDeploymentManager.java:168)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.StandardDeploymentManager.fireDep
loymentEvent(StandardDeploymentManager.java:202)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.StandardDeploymentManager$FileSys
temScanner.run(StandardDeploymentManager.java:342)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: WEB-INF/web.xml
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.tools.deploy.JetspeedDeploy.<init>(JetspeedDeploy
.java:138)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.DeployPortletAppEventListener.dep
loyPortletApplication(DeployPortletAppEventListener.java:168)
        ... 5 more
ERROR: Failure deploying
C:\jetspeed2\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\deploy\simplest.war

I can access to http://localhost:9080/jetspeed/portal/simplest.psml, but
this error is shown:

Title Error: Cannot pass a null PortletDefinition to a PortletEntity.
  Failed to retrieve Portlet Definition for simplest::SimplestFailed to
retrieve Portlet Definition for
simplest::Simplestjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot pass a null
PortletDefinition to a PortletEntity.Failed to retrieve Portlet
Definition for simplest::SimplestFailed to retrieve Portlet Definition
for simplest::Simplest

I discoverded in this list that this may be a problem with different
name of portlet between files portlet.xml and simplest.psml.
I've already checked for it but this isn't the problem: names are ok.
So, what's the matter?

Thanks to all.
Bye
Maurizio

Re: Error deploying the simplest portlet of guide-simple-portlet (guides)

Posted by Maurizio Pedraglio <pe...@ngi.it>.
Hi,
I check for upper and lower case, but the problem is still remaining.
Searching on the web I discovered that some portlets have this problem,
for example the RSS in jetspeed2 (on my installation it gives the same
matter).
But at the same time someone can use simplest portlet as shown in the
official tutorial.
I don't understand!
I'll give you a feedback as soon as possible.
Tnx you.

Bye.
Maurizio

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maurizio Pedraglio <pe...@ngi.it>.
Hi, thank you for reply.

Posted by Maurizio Pedraglio <pe...@ngi.it>.
Hi, I had a look at
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/getting-started.html
It seems that Tomcat under Win needs this parameter in content.xml
configuration file:
            <Context antiJARLocking="true">
After this change the application is deployed, but the problem (Failed
to retrieve Portlet Definition for simplest::Simples)
is still remaining.
I checked for upper and lower case but this is not the matter.
Pls let me know if you have experienced in something different.

Bye
MP

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.
Maurizio,