Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Simison, Matthew" <ma...@conxion.net> on 2002/03/16 07:41:19 UTC

symlinks

I have apache running on a solaris 2.6 server. I am having a problem with
symbolic links.

I have a lnk from /www --> /disk1/www

then another link from /www/mp/htdocs/doctor1 -->
/disk1/www/mp/ftp/pub/miaser/doctor

directories under /www/mp/htdocs/maiser work fine. But if I try and do
/www/mp/htdocs/doctor1 it fails. It may have something to do with two links
in the same path, I don't know. So I offer it up to the guru's.

error log entry:
Symbolic link not allowed: /www/mp/htdocs/doctor1/

I have tried many ways using FollowSymLinks to get the link
/www/mp/htdocs/docktor1 in the configs so I can indes the contents in thei
directory. But nothing works, I get permission denied error 403.

I have tried:

<Directory /www/mp/htdocs/doctor1>
  Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>

and:

<Directory /www/mp/htdocs/doctor1>
  Options +Indexes +FollowSymLinks
</Directory>

and:

<Directory /www/mp/htdocs/doctor1>
  Options FollowSymLinks
</Directory>

and:

<Directory /www/mp/htdocs/doctor1>
  Options Indexes
  Options FollowSymLinks
</Directory>

and:

<Directory /www/mp/htdocs/doctor1>
  Options Indexes
  Options +FollowSymLinks
</Directory>

and:

Alias /doctor1 /www/mp/htdocs/maiser/doctor
<Directory /www/mp/htdocs/doctor1>
  Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>

and:
Alias /doctor1 /www/mp/htdocs/maiser/doctor
<Directory /www/mp/htdocs/doctor1>
  Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>

and:
Alias /doctor1 /www/mp/ftp/pub/maiser/doctor
<Directory /www/mp/ftp/pub/maiser/doctor>
  Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>

and:

Alias /doctor1 /www/mp/ftp/pub/maiser/doctor
<Directory /www/mp/ftp/pub/maiser/doctor>
  Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
  AllowOverRide All
</Directory>

and:
Alias /doctor1 /www/mp/ftp/pub/maiser/doctor
<Directory /www/mp/ftp/pub/maiser/doctor>
  Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
  AllowOverRide None
</Directory>

and:
Alias /doctor1 /www/mp/ftp/pub/maiser/doctor
<Directory /www/mp/htdocs>
  Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
 </Directory>

and:
Alias /doctor1 /www/mp/ftp/pub/maiser/doctor
<Directory />
  Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
 </Directory>

and:
<Directory "/www/kp/htdocs">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    Redirect permanent /doctor1 http://mpsite/maiser/doctor   (which works
:names have been changed to protect the innocent)
</Directory>

still gives the 403 error.

I tried removing the link, I tried changing permissions on the link, (can't
do that) I tried changing the permissions on the real file doctor, no work!
I read up on the apache.org and the searches on google, and I can't find
anything that works.

size_sent logfile

Posted by Silke Ganster <ga...@imago.de>.
Hi,

I run Server Version: Apache/1.3.23 (Unix) mod_perl/1.26 DAV/1.0.3
does anybody know how to account bytes_sent (header and body Size) in a
put-request ? Just to know how much traffic is produced by using dav
(put, post, propfind, proppatch...) to cherish web-sites.
So how du I tell my logfile to log it or where (and how) can I add a
handler to Apaches request handling to get this information.

thanks in advance
Silke

Re: symlinks

Posted by Martin Haase-Thomas <mh...@meome-ag.de>.
Who is the owner of that symlink? What are its permissions? What are the
directories permissions?

Simison, Matthew wrote:

> [...]
>Alias /doctor1 /www/mp/ftp/pub/maiser/doctor
><Directory /www/mp/htdocs>
>  Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
> </Directory>
>
>and:
>Alias /doctor1 /www/mp/ftp/pub/maiser/doctor
><Directory />
>  Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
> </Directory>
>
>and:
><Directory "/www/kp/htdocs">
>    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
>    Redirect permanent /doctor1 http://mpsite/maiser/doctor   (which works
>:names have been changed to protect the innocent)
></Directory>
>
>still gives the 403 error.
>
>I tried removing the link, I tried changing permissions on the link, (can't
>do that) I tried changing the permissions on the real file doctor, no work!
>I read up on the apache.org and the searches on google, and I can't find

                   http://www.meome.de
Martin Haase-Thomas         |       Tel.: 030 43730-558
meOme AG                    |       Fax.: 030 43730-555
Software Development        |           mht@meome-ag.de

Re: symlinks

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
Simison, Matthew wrote:

> error log entry:
> Symbolic link not allowed: /www/mp/htdocs/doctor1

> I have tried:
>
> <Directory /www/mp/htdocs/doctor1>
>   Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
> </Directory>

The symbolic link is in the directory /www/mp/htdocs, so you need the
FollowSymLinks Option in that directory.

Joshua.