Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anton Tagunov <at...@mail.cnt.ru> on 2003/09/06 11:58:58 UTC

Re[2]: Tomcat as an in-process Servlet container?

Hello Carlos!

CCH>     My confusion comes from the fact that when using channelSocket to connect Apache and Tomcat I can type the URL of any WebApp without specifying Tomcat's listening port because the
CCH> mapping/forwarding is handled in the config files, but after configuring ChannelJni to handle Apache-Tomcat communication I'm forced to include the port number (8080) in the URL to access the
CCH> WebApps, otherwise I get an Internal Server Error.

I'm totally out of your discussion but just from a single glance
at your post it looks like by typing 8080 you access Tomcat directly
bypassing Apache HTTPD. To be sure you may want to disable Tomcat
http capabilities at all by commenting out the configuration element
in Tomcat config that specifies the 8080 port.

Hope my comment has not fallen totally out of context,
WBR, Anton