Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Roy, Anthony" <An...@bl.uk> on 2004/07/30 17:09:34 UTC

Java2WSDL via Ant - cannot get it to work!

Hi all,

I have been struggling for days trying to get Java2WSDL to work so that I
can fully automate my build process. The closest I have got is the
following:

    <target name="java2wsdl">
        <property name="NAMESPACE" value="ESTARMatcher"/>

        <!--
        <axis-java2wsdl
         output="${root.dir}/wsdl/descriptor.wsdl"
         location="${axis.server.url}/axis/services/ESTARMatcher"
         namespace="${NAMESPACE}"
         classname="uk.bl.bspa.estar.EstarMatchingService">
           <mapping namespace="${NAMESPACE}" package="uk.bl.bspa.estar"/>
        </axis-java2wsdl>

        -->

        <path id="java2wsdl.classpath">
                <path path="."/>
                <path refid="axis.classpath"/>
                <fileset dir="${build.webclasses.dir}" includes="**/*" />
        </path>

        <echo message="${build.webclasses.dir}"/>

         <java classname="org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL" fork="true"
                classpathref="java2wsdl.classpath">

           <arg value="-o"/>
            <arg value="${root.dir}/wsdl/descriptor.wsdl"/>
            <arg value="-l"/>
            <arg value="${axis.server.url}/axis/services/ESTARMatcher"/>
            <arg value="-n"/>
            <arg value="ESTARMatcher"/>
            <arg value='-p"uk.bl.bspa.estar=ESTARMatcher"'/>
            <arg value="uk.bl.bspa.estar.EstarMatcherService"/>
        </java>
    </target>

As you can see, I have tried both the Axis Ant task, and using Axis'
Java2WSDL class directly.

In both cases Java2WSDL cannot see the uk.bl.bspa.estar.EstarMatcherService
class in the classpath. This I do not understand since the class is located
in the ${build.webclasses.dir}.

Does anyone have any ideas on this, or on getting the poorly documented Ant
task working?

Cheers,

--
Anthony Roy.

t: 01937 54 (6003)
e: anthony.roy@bl.uk

Experience the British Library online at www.bl.uk

Help the British Library conserve the world's knowledge. Adopt a Book.
www.bl.uk/adoptabook

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the
postmaster@bl.uk : The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or
copied without the sender's consent.

author and do not necessarily reflect those of the British Library. The
British Library does not take any responsibility for the views of the
author.

RE: Java2WSDL via Ant - cannot get it to work!

Posted by Christophe Roudet <cr...@activia.net>.
It looks strange how you build your java2wsdl.classpath.
I am not sure that the fileset should be use. You can use it to include jar
files, but for classes you just specified the root location.

So if you have such a structure
src/uk/bl/bspa/estar/EstarMatcherService.java
classes/uk/bl/bspa/estar/EstarMatcherService.class

Your path should look like

<path id="java2wsdl.classpath">
                 <path path="."/>
                 <path refid="axis.classpath"/>