Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de> on 2017/10/11 11:14:47 UTC

Date model original source files, was: Re: [ANNOUNCE] The Big Book for Apache OFBiz Data Model 2017 Released

Hi everyone,

I think we should somehow store the Omnigraffle source files and keep
them up-to-date in our repository.

I'm not sure where to store them, maybe a new repository path
/ofbiz/ofbiz-framework-doc and /ofbiz/ofbiz-plugins-doc ?

Another idea is to convert them into a format which can be edited by
freely available diagram tools like draw.io, yEd or else to make them
accessible for everyone without the need of buying a program. What do
you think?

Regards,

Michael

Re: Date model original source files, was: Re: [ANNOUNCE] The Big Book for Apache OFBiz Data Model 2017 Released

Posted by Aditya Sharma <ad...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi Michael,

During the commencement of this work, I had several discussion with Pranay
on how we can migrate these artifacts from OmniGraffle to any other freely
available tool like draw.io. The initial idea was to migrate it to a tool
like draw.io and then update it. We put a lot of efforts to this task but
couldn't reach a better solution.

We still strive to this effort & will update community if we find some way
out of it.

I have created a ticket OFBIZ-9857
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9857> to upload the newly
updated files & will soon upload the files.

Thanks and Regards,

*Aditya Sharma* | Enterprise Software Engineer
HotWax Systems <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditya-sharma-78291810a/>

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi All,

I have answered there, please if you are interested give us your opinion

Thanks

Jacques

Posted by Aditya Sharma <ad...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hi Michael, Jacques,