Posted to users@flex.apache.org by mark goldin <ma...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/11 17:18:50 UTC

Chinese characters in PDF - really need help

I am working on an old project that uses AlivePDF to generate a PDF file.
It works fine for English, French, but not for Chinese. I am following this
conversation:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14822349/alivepdf-how-to-set-font

but all I get for Chinese letters is questions marks.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks

Re: Chinese characters in PDF - really need help

Posted by mark goldin <ma...@gmail.com>.
I am following that discussion and here is some of my code:

[Embed(source = "../../../../../assets/fonts/arialuni.ttf",
mimeType="application/octet-stream")]
private var arialUnicodeMSRegularTtf:Class;
[Embed(source = "../../../../../assets/fonts/arialuni.afm",
mimeType="application/octet-stream")]
private var arialUnicodeMSRegularAfm:Class;
public var arialUnicodeMSRegular:Class;
private var arialUnicodeMSRegularFont:EmbeddedFont = new EmbeddedFont(new
arialUnicodeMSRegularTtf() as ByteArray, new arialUnicodeMSRegularAfm() as
ByteArray,
CodePage.CP1251);

The font is Arial Unicode MS Regular.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.