Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Dominique De Vito <dd...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/18 15:25:42 UTC

question about ConsumeKafka metrics for incoming data

Hi,

While running a ConsumeKafka processor, I noticed there are metrics for
incoming data, but there was no value (like "bytes in") provided in the UI.

And as far as I have digged into the ConsumeKafka processor, I didn't found
any code related to feeding the metrics related to the incoming data.

Is it true that ConsumeKafka processor provides no value for the metrics
related to the incoming data ?

Is it the same for all processors dealing with data coming from outside
Nifi ?

Thanks.

Regards,
Dominique

Re: question about ConsumeKafka metrics for incoming data

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Bytes in is the # of bytes read from incoming flow files. Since source
processors don't have incoming flow files they will never have bytes
in or flow files in.

-Bryan

Posted by Dominique De Vito <dd...@gmail.com>.
> The value should be close to how many bytes have been consumed from
Kafka.

Very good hint. Thanks Jeff.

And thanks Bryan too !

Dominique