Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Cameron McCormack <ca...@apache.org> on 2008/01/10 03:13:13 UTC

[ANN] Batik 1.7 released

The Apache Batik team is proud to announce the release of Apache Batik
version 1.7, a Java-based toolkit for processing SVG.

The 1.7 release fixes a number of bugs brought to light with the
1.7beta1 release, and includes a few new features:

  * xml:id support (http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-id/).
  * ElementTraversal support (http://www.w3.org/TR/ElementTraversal/).
  * Enhanced DOM Viewer window, contributed from Ivan Andjelkovic,
    a Google Summer of Code student.
  * Official maven artifacts
    (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/xmlgraphics/).
  * A separate Mac OS X Squiggle disk image distribution.

Batik can be downloaded from here:

  http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/download.cgi

For the full list of improvements and bug fixes since version 1.7beta1,
click on the “release change log” link from that page.

If you find any problems, please file bug reports:

  http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/

And for more information, see the Batik project website:

  http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/

Thanks,

Cameron
—for the Apache Batik team

--
Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/

Re: [ANN] Batik 1.7 released

Posted by Hervé Girod <he...@club-internet.fr>.
Cheers !! You did a great work !!!

Herve

Re: [ANN] Batik 1.7 released

Posted by The Web Maestro <th...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Batik Team!

On 1/9/08, Cameron McCormack <ca...@apache.org> wrote:
> The Apache Batik team is proud to announce the release of Apache Batik
> version 1.7, a Java-based toolkit for processing SVG.

The Web Maestro
--
<th...@gmail.com> - <http://homepage.mac.com/webmaestro/>
- HH The 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet

Re: [ANN] Batik 1.7 released

Posted by Cameron McCormack <ca...@mcc.id.au>.
Hi Andreas.

Andreas Steichardt:
> I have had a quick look into the Changelog and found that you updated the
> pdf-transcoder.jar. I checked that using one of my SVGs and found that the
> new text rendering (no more paths - text is text) doesn't seem to be in it.
> Am i missing something or is this intended? If it is intended will the new
> transcoder be part of batik 1.8?

No, the new text rendering couldn’t be included, since FOP now requires
Java 1.4 minimum, and Batik 1.7 was the last release that required only
Java 1.3 minimum.  It might be a good idea to have another release
soon-ish that includes the very newest pdf-transcoder.jar.

--
Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/

Re: [ANN] Batik 1.7 released

Posted by Andreas Steichardt <mo...@globalpark.de>.
On Thursday 10 January 2008 03:13, Cameron McCormack wrote:

Hi Cameron,

> The Apache Batik team is proud to announce the release of Apache Batik
> version 1.7, a Java-based toolkit for processing SVG.

this is great ;)

> For the full list of improvements and bug fixes since version 1.7beta1,
> click on the “release change log” link from that page.

I have had a quick look into the Changelog and found that you updated the
pdf-transcoder.jar. I checked that using one of my SVGs and found that the
new text rendering (no more paths - text is text) doesn't seem to be in it.
Am i missing something or is this intended? If it is intended will the new
transcoder be part of batik 1.8?

> Thanks,
>
> Cameron

Kind regards,