Posted to mirrors@apache.org by Subredu Manuel <di...@iasi.roedu.net> on 2006/02/05 23:33:34 UTC

mirroring tool

 Hi,

 I would like to make an annoucement. The tool used by RoEduNet Iasi to
sync the mirrors and make the mirror reports
(http://ftp.iasi.roedu.net/mirrors-status/),
is available to the public. The name of the tool is simba, and the
web site is http://simba.packages.ro . Simba, is developed by me,
and it has been used in production for 6 months at RoEduNet Iasi.
 If you have some spare time, give it a try :) I would appreciate
any feedback (positive or negative) and sugestions.

 inf. Manuel SUBREDU
 Network Engineer at RoEduNet Iasi

 Phone:     +40 (232) 201007
            +40 (742) 088067
 Email:     diablo@iasi.roedu.net
 website:   http://www.packages.ro
 GPG key:   http://www.packages.ro/diablo.gpg.txt

Re: mirroring tool

Posted by Can Burak Çilingir <ca...@gmail.com>.
On 2/6/06, Subredu Manuel <di...@iasi.roedu.net> wrote:
>  Hi,
>
>  I would like to make an annoucement. The tool used by RoEduNet Iasi to
> sync the mirrors and make the mirror reports
> (http://ftp.iasi.roedu.net/mirrors-status/),
> is available to the public. The name of the tool is simba, and the
> web site is http://simba.packages.ro . Simba, is developed by me,
> and it has been used in production for 6 months at RoEduNet Iasi.
>  If you have some spare time, give it a try :) I would appreciate
> any feedback (positive or negative) and sugestions.

I am also using in-house built software for the same purpose.

What I actually have is a main script which does:
* rsync
* ping nagios
* (very primitive) collects data to graph with gnuplot
(http://godel.cs.bilgi.edu.tr/graphs/time.html)

this script is sourced by starter scripts which just sets some shell variables.

What i would like to see in your software or suggest is the nagios
(passive service check) pinging.

>  inf. Manuel SUBREDU
>  Network Engineer at RoEduNet Iasi
>
>  Phone:     +40 (232) 201007
>             +40 (742) 088067
>  Email:     diablo@iasi.roedu.net
>  website:   http://www.packages.ro
>  GPG key:   http://www.packages.ro/diablo.gpg.txt

Can Burak Cilingir
http://canb.net/
icq#10720999

Re: mirroring tool

Posted by Alexander Leonov <a....@sh.cvut.cz>.
Subredu Manuel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to make an annoucement. The tool used by RoEduNet Iasi to
>sync the mirrors and make the mirror reports
>(http://ftp.iasi.roedu.net/mirrors-status/),
>is available to the public. The name of the tool is simba, and the
>web site is http://simba.packages.ro . Simba, is developed by me,
>and it has been used in production for 6 months at RoEduNet Iasi.
> If you have some spare time, give it a try :) I would appreciate
>any feedback (positive or negative) and sugestions.

Hello.

Your Simba looks very good. And have some good features. Im using my own
written scripts (still underconstruction):
http://ftp.sh.cvut.cz/WEB/docs/
U can see some sources there (I'm beginner in bash scripting :-/ ).
Scripts are generating nice web page with simple status:
http://ftp.sh.cvut.cz/WEB/
And some rrd graphs:
http://ftp.sh.cvut.cz/WEB/var/apache.png
Logs:
http://ftp.sh.cvut.cz/WEB/var/apache.log
for each mirror modul.
Maybe u can find there some inspiration and upgrade your Simba.

Good luck with developing.

Alexander Leonov
Silicon Hill, Czech Republic