Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Lally Singh <la...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/15 17:53:46 UTC

Maven's included with Leopard (Mac OS 10.5)

Just fyi:

[lally@hc65210f0 ~]$ uname -a
Darwin hc65210f0.dhcp.vt.edu 9.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.0.0: Tue
Oct  9 21:35:55 PDT 2007; root:xnu-1228~1/RELEASE_I386 i386
[lally@hc65210f0 ~]$ which mvn
/usr/bin/mvn
[lally@hc65210f0 ~]$ mvn --version
Maven version: 2.0.6
[lally@hc65210f0 ~]$

I only noticed this when I upgraded and noticed my build failing (I
needed 2.0.7 :-) ).

Congrats!
--
H. Lally Singh
Ph.D. Candidate, Computer Science

Re: Maven's included with Leopard (Mac OS 10.5)

Posted by Nigel Magnay <ni...@gmail.com>.
symlink usr/share/maven to whichever install you want to use.

Posted by Lally Singh <la...@gmail.com>.
On 11/15/07, Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> wrote:
> On Thu, November 15, 2007 7:00 pm, Ryan Scott wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know how to fix this?   I tried using darwin ports to
> > upgrade but leopard keeps overlaying the install with 2.0.6 which does
> > not work for my application.  What were they thinking baking this into
> > the operating system.  This is almost as bad as the Java Story.  Are
> > they trying to drive developers away from Apple on purpose?
>
> What's wrong with putting v2.0.7 ahead of v2.0.6 on the PATH? Leopard is a
> unix machine, after all.

Seriously.  That's all I do.  Latest maven, etc go in /usr/local/dist.
 Then links to /usr/local/dist/maven-2.0.7/bin/* go in /usr/local/bin.
 In my ~/.bashrc:
export PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH

This works perfectly fine, never gets hit by an Apple update.

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Ryan Scott wrote:

> I have tried many things but i keep getting patch updates from Apple
> that overwrites my changes.   It is not really unix if you can't run any
> version of Java you want lol.

You mean to say that Apple is updating your .bash_profile file? Works
fine for me here, unless this is a Leopard thing.

Regards,
Graham

Re: Maven's included with Leopard (Mac OS 10.5)

Posted by Kathryn Huxtable <ka...@kathrynhuxtable.org>.
Can't you just set MVN_HOME to what you want and put your maven 2.0.7
in, say, /opt/maven?

I am not running Leopard on my dev machine, only on my play machine.
I've noticed some slowness launching some Java apps, but nothing
else. I've heard there are more problems.

-K

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
I can run the maven and java version that I want.

Emmanuel

Posted by Ryan Scott <sr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.

Posted by Ryan Scott <sr...@gmail.com>.