Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by James M Snell <ja...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/05/01 01:37:22 UTC

The current messaging code

Glen, Sam:

Thanks for getting onto the messaging code so rigorously last week.  Sorry
I wasn't able to join the effort as I was trying to get about 3 other
priority tasks out of the way.  I've downloaded the latest cvs tree and
have reviewed it and I must say that while the code shows an improvement
in performance, I can't say I really like the code itself all that much
(nor the organization of it).  I started digging through to see where I
could make improvements and pretty much ended up rewriting 90% of it with
the goal of making it cleaner, leaner, more pluggable, and easier to trace
through to find out what is going on.  I'm going to spend some more time
on it tonight and hopefully post a zip to the mailing list (either tonight
or in the morning) with my proposed changes (they will be significant).
I'm not going to cvs them in until you get a chance to look at it so I can
avoid stepping on your work.

- James Snell
     Software Engineer, Emerging Technologies, IBM
     jasnell@us.ibm.com (online)
     jsnell@lemoorenet.com (offline)