Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by zeek <ze...@sparklehouse.com> on 2013/04/24 22:49:00 UTC

monitoring recommendations (TrafficLineVariables)

Hello, New ATS admins here. A co-worker found a means to display all
Traffic Line Variables and values via URI http://<trafficserver>:8080/stat/

https://trafficserver.apache.org/docs/trunk/admin/traffic-line-commands/#TrafficLineVariables

We'd like to graph some items to get an idea of performance over time.
We're a bit overwhelmed at the abundance of items available. I'd like to
know if anyone has specific items here that they'd recommend.

Thank you,
-zeek

RE: monitoring recommendations (TrafficLineVariables)

Posted by "Williamson, Brad" <Br...@disney.com>.
We graph:

Transactions per second
Cache percent free
Open origin server connections
Cache transfers in progress
Client throughput Mbps
Client transfers in progress
Avg lookup time

In addition to cpu/mem/swap/diskIO/network bandwidth

We have it pulling the stats via SNMP to make it easier for tools to retrieve data.

Brad