Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Raghuveer.V" <ra...@infotechsw.com> on 2009/10/16 15:03:34 UTC

Struts2 on Websphere 6.1 : 404 errors

Hi Struts2 Users,
I have problem when deploying application struts2.1.6 application on
Websphere6.1 which was succefully working on apache-tomcat-5.5.23.
We have used configuration option to make it work as per information
available in Websphere forums and Struts2 forums on my local websphere.

Could you suggest is this the ONLY possible solution to make struts2 work on
Websphere?.

Initially we have received 404 errors.
Servlet filter is not called for URL resources on WAS 6.1 , configuration
option has been set in server

The webcontainer custom property
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.invokefilterscompatibility was  set to true as per
below links.

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.invokefilterscompatibility=true

Application Servers -> <server> -> Web Container Settings -> Web Container
-> Custom Properties

Goggle Refrence:

struts2 +websphere +There is no Action mapped for namespace / and action
name

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.invokefilterscompatibility+struts2+websphere

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=264848

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=180
<http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=180&uid=swg1PK27620>
&uid=swg1PK27620

http://www.mail-archive.com/user@struts.apache.org/msg88798.html

http://www.nabble.com/Struts2-on-Websphere-portal-6.1.0.0-td18761735.html

Regards,
Raghu

Re: Struts2 on Websphere 6.1 : 404 errors

Posted by Denis Cabasson <ca...@gmail.com>.
I concur. We are using struts 2.1.8 with WAS 6.1.0.27 and there is no
way around this variable. It is documented in our installation
procedure, and you will never get any filter based framework to work
unless you set this variable.

The default Websphere behaviour (without this variable that is) seems to
first check for the target URL existence, before processing the filters.
Or with Struts 2, there is no such target (as the filter answer the
request).

So yes, you have to use this variable.

Denis.

Posted by Denis Cabasson <de...@gmail.com>.