Posted to users@maven.apache.org by kashu <ka...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/25 11:13:26 UTC

Strange error while using Maven

Hi All Expert,

Apart from trying to integrate ReportNG, on the parallel mode, I'm trying to
integrate the third party open source jar with maven and I did perform
following steps.

1. Added jar into maven local repo with command like
mvn install:install-file -Dfile='C:\ATUReporter_Selenium_testNG_4.6.jar'
-DgroupId=atu -DartifactId=atu-reporter-selenium-testng -Dversion=4.6
-Dpackaging=jar

then added value into POM as

  <properties>
                        <property>
                            <name>ATUReportsListener</name>

<value>atu.testng.reports.listeners.ATUReportsListener,atu.testng.reports.listeners.ConfigurationListener,atu.testng.reports.listeners.MethodListener</value>
                        </property>
                    </properties>

But while running the automation scripts, maven given me error like

ERROR] No plugin found for prefix 'C' in the current project and in the
plugin
groups [org.apache.maven.plugins, org.codehaus.mojo] available from the
reposito
ries [local (D:\maven_repo), central (http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2)]
-> [

Please note that this external jar is not available on the central repo yet.
Please confirm where I'm getting wrong so that can correct myself.
Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Re: Strange error while using Maven

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> 1. Added jar into maven local repo with command like
> mvn install:install-file -Dfile='C:\ATUReporter_Selenium_testNG_4.6.jar'
> -DgroupId=atu -DartifactId=atu-reporter-selenium-testng -Dversion=4.6
> -Dpackaging=jar
> But while running the automation scripts, maven given me error like
>
> ERROR] No plugin found for prefix 'C' in the current project and in the
> plugin

I think the prefix C error relates to the -Dfile='C:\ATU....' in your
install command line. Can you perhaps just "cd" to that directory and
leave off the 'C:\' business entirely, just specify the name of the
jar file?

Wayne