Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Jakarta Tomcat Newsgroup (@Basebeans.com)" <ja...@basebeans.com> on 2002/06/24 18:55:01 UTC

Two questions !

Subject: Two questions !
From: "Dan Paraschiv" <pa...@raftelecom.net>
 ===

1. How do I get from a servlet the path where is installed Tomcat
(not the path of my web application) ?

The solution could be specific to Tomcat, because I am  sure that my
application it will always run on Tomcat.

2. It is possible to  find out (in Java) the value of a system variable like
%CLASSPATH% or %CATALINA_HOME% ?

Thanks and Best regards,
  Dan

RE: Two questions !

Posted by "Charles N. Harvey III" <ch...@alloy.com>.
System variables should be available to all of your servlets and other class
files.

{java.home}
{catalina.home}

catalina.home is where tomcat is installed.

Charlie