Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Bruce Benfield <bb...@us.ibm.com> on 2007/03/26 00:18:32 UTC

Google Summer Of Code- subject change pls , from shameless plug to summer of JPA

plunchete <pl...@gmail.com>
03/25/2007 03:32 PM
Please respond to
open-jpa-dev@incubator.apache.org

open-jpa-dev@incubator.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Google Summer Of Code

2007/3/25, Patrick Linskey <pl...@bea.com>:

> > http://code.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=60325&topi
> > c=10729 .
>
> > Finally, if you agree about the time frame, I'm going to choose the
> > OPENJPA-130
>
> A few process questions:
>
> 1. What are our (the OpenJPA community and the Apache organization)
> commitments and responsibilities in this process? I don't see Apache
listed
> as a mentoring organization at http://code.google.com/soc/2006/ (last
> year's program page), and I don't see an updated list for this year.
Does
> Apache / OpenJPA need to be a mentoring organization, or is the
mentoring
> organization decoupled from the codebase that is worked on?

I´ve double checked and Apache is a mentoring organization ('The Apache
Software Fundation'). What I need is a volunteer mentor to supervise my
work
in the project.

2. The OpenJPA project is licensed under the ASL. I think that this means
> that in order for your work to become part of OpenJPA, you must attach
any
> patches to be included to the JIRA issue and choose the 'Grant license
> ASF' option. Further, I believe that this means that the ASF will have
> shared non-exclusive copyright assignment to the code, although IANAL.
Is
> this a problem for you?

 No, this is no a problem. You can view the projects of last year. In this
link you can find an example:

 http://code.google.com/p/intellij-idea-maven-plugin/

3. I noticed that you must periodically upload code to
> http://code.google.com/hosting. Does this mean that the entire OpenJPA
> codebase must be uploaded there, or is this just a means for monitoring
your
> progress by Google?

 According to the conditions showed in the FAQ I must upload just the code
of my project.

Thanks, and looking forward to working with you on the project,

Thanks

Ignacio

-Patrick