Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brandon Cruz <bc...@norvax.com> on 2001/11/07 17:10:56 UTC

RE: Running a task in Tomcat 3.2.x

Hello,

Sorry, accidentally posted this with the wrong subject last time.

I am trying to use Java Mail to allow visitors to send an email reminder to
themselves at a certain time in the future.

I guess I would need some type of cronjob running, or a timer of some sort,
that can check the database and see who needs the email for that day.

If I use a timer with an application scope, and there are a couple hundred
web applications on my server, will that severely limit performance?  My
guess is yes.

Has anyone done something like this before, any recommendations?

Thanks!

Brandon