Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by jai bhai <i_...@yahoo.com> on 2003/02/11 07:48:20 UTC

SOAPContext

Hi,
I'm sorry if this problem has already been discussed in this group. I am using Apache SOAP 2.2 with Apache TomCat 4.0. and facing a problem with HttpSession that is extracted from SOAPContext.

This is how i'm extracting the session object:

javax.servlet.http.HttpSession session = (javax.servlet.http.HttpSession)
reqCtx.getProperty(Constants.BAG_HTTPSESSION);

The jsp forms the SOAP message and calls web service method twice in one call.  But the Httpsession object being extracted (in the web service method) is different each time! It is supposed to be returning the same session object since the calls are from the same user session.

In the deployment descriptor of SOAP service, the scope given is "Application".

If anyone has come across the same scenario, can you please give some lead?

Thanks in advance,

Jai.

Re: SOAPContext

Posted by jai bhai <i_...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks very much Scott. This worked perfect!
 Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com> wrote:The JSP must create a SOAPHTTPConnection for each session in the JSP,
then use that SOAPHTTPConnection for each call. The reason is that
the SOAPHTTPConnection receives a Cookie in the response that must be
resent with subsequent requests in order to associate it with the
same session.

Re: SOAPContext

Posted by jai bhai <i_...@yahoo.com>.

Re: SOAPContext