Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Szegő Miklós <sz...@t-online.hu> on 2013/06/08 23:45:55 UTC

Slides custom work

  Hi, here is mike from Budapest,Hungary  :-)

Looking for an open source version of Slideshare I
have found you on the net. Certainly you know that
the new Google Hangout/s/  uses the technology of
Slideshare. This would I "override" with an alternative
version if possible.

Please give me your estimate to the following task
regarding my own app. in developing status.

As "demo" pls. watch on this side the first video
https://sites.google.com/site/plusquant/videos-of-previous-talks
As you could see:
-at 1:20 from the start,
-the man from the webcam into the bigger player /David Poulin/ says:
-"...lookin the slides..." than
- from 1:47 the slides appear on the big player "before" David
one by one /they fill the big player/ and we hear David's voice.
Then, at the end of presentation of the documents on the screen,
David appears again.

So I like to have a very similar solution for our Moderator, who will
sit on a similar big player. Each Moderator /Client/ has
an own webadmin and surely /??/ he should be able
-to upload his files on our Wowza server, prior of the live show
-and when he choose to show this files to the audience
-to be able to show one by one /play/stop/ his slides and
-these slides should fill the whole big player

Next to your estimate please tell me how many days could you code it
into the Wowza server side script.
If you need help in Wowza server side programming, I could contact
you with a developer

Best regards
Szego Miklos/Mike, Budapest
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/miklos-szego/7/b50/522

Re: Slides custom work

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 5:45 PM, Szegő Miklós <sz...@t-online.hu> wrote:
>  Hi, here is mike from Budapest,Hungary  :-)
>
> Looking for an open source version of Slideshare I
> have found you on the net. Certainly you know that
> the new Google Hangout/s/  uses the technology of
> Slideshare. This would I "override" with an alternative
> version if possible.
>
> Please give me your estimate to the following task
> regarding my own app. in developing status.

Hello Mike,

Typically for applications like this the screen sharing logic is in a
separate program.  That way it can support sharing content from
multiple applications.  I'm not sure it would make sense to bake this
kind of functionality into a presentation editor.

Another approach is to simply share the underlying ODF presentation
files and then have a protocol for broadcasting the page turns.  That
has some nice qualities since it allows the viewing user to see the
slides at full resolution, or even to use a screen reader if they are
blind.

Regards,

-Rob