Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/29 10:58:27 UTC

[VOTE] Release Geronimo Samples 3.0-M1

Hi All,

A release candidate for Geronimo Samples 3.0-M1 has been created and staged.
 This version includes these samples which works with Geronimo 3.0-M1:
1. Java EE 5 samples

   - dbtester
   - inventory
   - ldap-sample-app
   - timereport
   - jsp-examples
   - servlet-examples

2. Java EE 6 samples

   - cviewer-javaee6
   - converter-javaee6
   - jarresource-javaee6
   - fileupload-javaee6

3. OSGi samples

   - aries-datasource

Note that I do not remove those unreleased samples from the svn tree, and
want to keep it there for future updates.

The tag has been created here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/samples/tags/samples-parent-3.0-M1/

The staging repo is here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-022/

The main artifacts up for vote are the source release archives:
<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-008/org/apache/geronimo/geronimo/2.1.6/geronimo-2.1.6-source-release.tar.gz>
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-022/org/apache/geronimo/samples/samples-parent/3.0-M1/samples-parent-3.0-M1-source-release.tar.gz
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-022/org/apache/geronimo/samples/samples-parent/3.0-M1/samples-parent-3.0-M1-source-release.zip

A sample plugin catalog file is prepared for your convenience:
http://geronimo.apache.org/plugins/samples-3.0-M1/

The vote will be last for 72 hours.

[  ] +1 about time to push this out the door
[  ]  0 no opinion
[  ] -1 not this one  (please explain why)

Forrest

Re: [VOTE] Release Geronimo Samples 3.0-M1

Posted by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com>.
Oh, forget to mention the daytrader artifacts:

4. Daytrader

   - daytrader-web-jdbc
   - daytrader-web-jpa

Posted by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com>.
+1 from myself

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
No vote, just a discussion point -

Since this was created from a 3.0-M1 branch, I don't agree with keeping
all of the sample source in the release, when only a subset is being
built and released.  Seems that this will only confuse users who want to
build the Samples from source.....

-Donald