Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Raghu Udupa <ru...@opentext.com> on 2014/04/22 23:10:40 UTC

RE: Axis2/C-1.6.0

From: Raghu Udupa
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 5:06 PM
To: axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org; axis-c-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Axis2/C-1.6.0

Hi,

I am looking for official release of Axis2/C-1.6.0.

But, when I try to access http://mirror.nexcess.net/apache//ws/axis2/c/1_6_0/axis2c-src-1.6.0.tar.gz<http://mirror.nexcess.net/apache/ws/axis2/c/1_6_0/axis2c-src-1.6.0.tar.gz>, I am getting URL not found error.

Thanks,
Raghu

Re: Axis2/C-1.6.0

Posted by Nandika Jayawardana <ja...@gmail.com>.
Updated the download links to point to the archive.

Regards
Nandika

Re: Axis2/C-1.6.0

Posted by Giorgio Zoppi <gi...@gmail.com>.
What about releasing and validating a previous release with just only leak
fixes and no features?
Best Regards,
Giorgio

--
Quiero ser el rayo de sol que cada día te despierta
para hacerte respirar y vivir en me.

RE: Axis2/C-1.6.0

Posted by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>.

Re: Axis2/C-1.6.0

Posted by Giorgio Zoppi <gi...@gmail.com>.
It looks like we need a release manager to have a relase of Axis2C:)
Seriously, who is actively fixing and working on Axis2C?  What about the
merge with Axis2C unofficial.
We need a solid rock SOAP engine opensource and no gplled.

Best Regards,
Giorgio

RE: Axis2/C-1.6.0

Re: Axis2/C-1.6.0

Posted by Dinesh Weerapurage <xy...@gmail.com>.
We started working on 1.7.0 release over a year ago but lost traction over
time. I'm thinking we don't have enough devs to fix issues and/or get
current trunk (master branch) into release ready state. Minimum viable
option for a release would be release current trunk without applying any
more patches. IMO, current branch was unstable (many samples failed) and I
don't have enough cycles left to fix them. If there is enough interest on
helping making current trunk stable, I can help with the release.

In any case(with or without release), having broken download links on the
main website should be fixed.

thanks,
Dinesh.

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 2:20 AM, <An...@swisslife.ch> wrote:

>  Hi
>

> Already some while ago axis was moved to the archives.
>

> You can find the download here:
>
> http://archive.apache.org/dist//ws/axis2/c/1_6_0/axis2c-src-1.6.0.tar.gz<http://archive.apache.org/dist/ws/axis2/c/1_6_0/axis2c-src-1.6.0.tar.gz>
>

> I guess a new release would be needed to get axis2c back into the official
> versions - does anyone have some news, when we could expect 1.7.0? (Or what
> is missing to get there.)
>

> Regards
>
> Andreas

AW: Axis2/C-1.6.0