Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Narayan Patil <nm...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/12 06:23:28 UTC

Want to learn OFBIZ.

Hi Everyone,

I want to learn the Apache OFBIZ  Framework.Currently I am working on
Struts.I have gone through this site   http://ofbiz.apache.org . But now I
want to understand the basic coding conventions with sample CRUD
applications. Can anyone give me the right direction to start the Apache
ofbiz. Any kind of help is appreciated.

Thanks and regards.
Narayan Patil.

Re: Want to learn OFBIZ.

Posted by Amit Sharma <am...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Take a look at this page and all of the pages under it:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Beginner%27s+Development+Guide+Using+Practice+Application

It will help to come up with the most basic knowledge of OFBiz
application development process

--
Thanks & Regards

Amit sharma

Re: Want to learn OFBIZ.

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
This is a good list, but perhaps a few changes could improve it:

1. in #5 and #6 use the trunk instead of the 2 year old release4.0
branch; you're overall experience will be much better, and you'll be
able to collaborate much more effectively with others in the community

2. in #7 please be careful of the documents from opensourcestrategies:
they have forked from OFBiz and have different recommendations for
tools and best practices

-David

RE: Want to learn OFBIZ.