Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Jia Zhai <zh...@apache.org> on 2020/11/11 15:46:43 UTC

[VOTE] Apache BookKeeper 4.12.0 release candidate 0

Hi everyone,
Please review and vote on release candidate #0 for version 4.12.0,
as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* Release notes [1]
* The official Apache source and binary distributions to be deployed to
dist.apache.org [2]
* All artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [3]
* Source code tag "v4.12.0-rc0" [4] with git sha
dcf6bea03610fb69663cd8468a034b8a3823214e

BookKeeper's KEYS file contains PGP keys we used to sign this release:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/bookkeeper/KEYS

Please download these packages and review this release candidate:

- Review release notes
- Download the source package (verify shasum, and asc) and follow the
instructions to build and run the bookkeeper service.
- Download the binary package (verify shasum, and asc) and follow the
instructions to run the bookkeeper service.
- Review maven repo, release tag, licenses, and any other things you think
it is important to a release.

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by the majority
approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

Thanks,
Jia

[1] https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pull/2478
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/bookkeeper/bookkeeper-4.12.0-rc0/
[3]
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebookkeeper-1049
[4] https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/tree/v4.12.0-rc0

[RESULT][VOTE] Apache BookKeeper 4.12.0 release candidate 0

Posted by Jia Zhai <zh...@apache.org>.
I'm happy to announce that we have unanimously approved this release.

There are 3 approving votes, 3 of which are binding:

* Enrico Olivelli
* Sijie Guo
* Jia Zhai

1 non-binding +1 votes:
* Yong Zhang

There are no disapproving votes.

Thank you for the help!

Re: [VOTE] Apache BookKeeper 4.12.0 release candidate 0

Posted by Jia Zhai <zh...@apache.org>.
Add my own +1

Environment: macOS 10.15.6, jdk 8.

- verified packages checksum and signatures.

- the source package build and test all run successfully.

- in both binary package(server & all), after change conf of
allowloopback=true, 'bin/bookkeeper standalone' and 'bin/bookkeeper shell
bookiesanity' runs well.

- verified this version worked together with Pulsar-2.6.2 and
pulsar-client/produce consume worked well.

Posted by Yong Zhang <zh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)