Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Gerald Stampfel <e0...@student.tuwien.ac.at> on 2003/11/02 20:38:47 UTC

PortletFactory: Unable to load class

Hi,

i made a small portlet and copied the class file (+ directory structure) into jetspeed/WEB-INF/classes. That didn't work, i got the following error message in jetspeedservices.log:

org.apache.jetspeed.portal.PortletException: PortletFactory: Unable to load class foo.bar
 at org.apache.jetspeed.services.portletfactory.JetspeedPortletFactoryService.getPortlet(JetspeedPortletFactoryService.java:217)
 at org.apache.jetspeed.services.portletfactory.JetspeedPortletFactoryService.getPortlet(JetspeedPortletFactoryService.java:163)
 at org.apache.jetspeed.services.PortletFactory.getPortlet(PortletFactory.java:92)

I also created a jar, incorporating my portlet class, and copied it under jetspeed/WEB-INF/lib. Didn't work. I did the same for tomcat/common/lib. Didn't work too.

Than i copied the .jar file into j2sdk/lib/ext and it worked.

Here my question: why do the directories jetspeed/WEB-INF/class and jetspeed/WEB-INF/lib exist when they are not given attention ?

thanks

-
Gerald Stampfel
e0125452@student.tuwien.ac.at