Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Emanuel Zgraggen <em...@mit.edu> on 2019/06/06 17:26:39 UTC

Apache Arrow Tutorial at VLDB

Hi,

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask this, but I though I'd
give it a shot:

I'm a postdoc in MIT's database group and I'm co-organizing a workshop on
Big Data Open Source Systems (http://boss.dima.tu-berlin.de/) at this years
VLDB in Los Angeles. VLDB is one of the leading academic conferences on
data management and database research (http://vldb.org/2019/).

We are still looking for a few folks to give tutorials at the workshop and
I was wondering if someone from the Arrow dev community would be interested
in doing such a tutorial on Arrow?

Apache Arrow has gained quite some interest in the academic community
(including us here at MIT) and I think it would be great for more people to
learn about it.

Best,
Emanuel

Re: Apache Arrow Tutorial at VLDB

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
hi Emanuel,

I'd be interested in participating in the workshop (and attending VLDB
generally). How long would the tutorial / presentation be expected to
be? There might others from the community who could help out with
preparing materials.

Thanks,
Wes