Posted to dev@river.apache.org by John Sarman <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/14 15:12:02 UTC

Quick Question

Will the net.jini packages be refactored to org.apache.river ?

Thanks
  John Sarman

Re: Quick Question

Posted by Jim Hurley <Ji...@Sun.COM>.
Hi John-

At least right now (since "Jini" is still a trademarked term),
I don't see the instantiation of Apache River changing any
policies about allowing "jini" to be in the name of a project.

Why do you ask?  Is there a project (at Java.net?) that you
hope to start with "jini" in the name?

-Jim

Re: Quick Question

Posted by Jeff Ramsdale <je...@gmail.com>.
There was a decision sometime back to allow projects to continue to
use the org.jini prefix for their package names if they registered at
<http://www.jini.org/wiki/Project_Registry>, though evidently the
word's not gotten around too much given the short list. net.jini, as
always, remains exclusive to the Specs and their implementors.

Jeff

Re: Quick Question

Posted by John Sarman <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.