Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Brian DeLuca <bd...@iwon.com> on 2002/12/11 22:03:03 UTC

problem with logic:iterate and html:text

I am trying to iterate over a String [] and create html:text tags.
I am getting jsp exceptions thrown and other variations are not populating the form bean.  I have tried different variations on the
text tag where property = "", and name ="testParty.advisingInstr" value =

Here is my Form.

public class TestForm extends org.apache.struts.action.ActionForm {

private Party testParty;

public TestForm() {
	testParty = new Party();
	testParty.setName1("Johnny");
}
public Party getTestParty() {
	return testParty;
}

public void setTestParty( Party newParty ){
        testParty = newParty;
}
}

Here is the PartyBean.

public class Party {

private String name1;
private String name2;

private String [] advisingInstr;

public Party(){
  name1="";
  advisingInstr = new String[3];
}
public String getName1() {
	return name1;
}
public void setName1(String newName1) {
	name1 = newName1;
}
public void setAdvisingInstr(String [] advInstr) {
	advisingInstr = advInstr;
}
public String [] getAdvisingInstr(){
	return advisingInstr;
}
}

Here is my jsp code.

html:form action="test.do"

html:text property="testParty.name1"/
logic:iterate id="test" name="testForm"
               property="testParty.advisingInstr"
 html:text indexed="true" name="testParty"
              property="advisingInstr" /
/logic:iterate>
html:submit value="Press"/
/html:form|