Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by "Mittler, Nathan" <na...@sensis.com> on 2008/02/12 22:00:03 UTC

[REVIEW] CmsTemplate

Hey guys,
Since we've come out with CMS (the C++ equivalent API of JMS), it's
become clear that forcing the user to manually manage the
creation/closure/destruction of all the resources is rather burdensome.
Over the past couple of weeks, I've put together a first cut at a
CmsTemplate class (all the code under
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/activemq-cpp/trunk/src/main/ac
tivemq/cmsutil/).

This class follows the model of Spring's JmsTemplate
(http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.0.x/reference/jms.html,
http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.5.x/api/org/springframew
ork/jms/core/JmsTemplate.html).

It abstracts the resource management so that the user doesn't have to
create things like connections, sessions, producer/consumer, etc.

I'd like to get feedback from the community to see if anything should
get tweaked before the next release.  If anyone would like to review
what I've done and provide feedback, it would be greatly appreciated!
You can add any comments you might have to this issue:
http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQCPP-152

Thanks!
Nate

Re: [REVIEW] CmsTemplate