Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Tim Frank <tf...@registrar.uoguelph.ca> on 2004/10/29 22:34:24 UTC

Projector Installation Help

I have been working with the slide-2.1b2 distribution and have been
trying to install the projector application to see what it has to offer
for administration. I have completed the following steps with much pain:

1. Build projector.war and deploy on tomcat 5.0
2. Fixed "couldn't find projector.xml configuration file" by copying
this file into the webapps directory and setting the full path to the
file in the web.xml for the projector project.
3. Copied the projector applications directory from the content
directory in the source to the projector directory in the slide repository.

After all of that I can finally access the /projector/ application, but
all I get are errors. Many of the errors are like:

Oct 29, 2004 4:27:58 PM org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm authenticate
WARNING: Login exception authenticating username null
javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: No user name entered

I have updated the projector.xml file to use the root/root login for
full privledges for testing, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Has anybody else had success with getting this running?

Thank you in advance,

Tim

Re: Projector Installation Help

Posted by Tim Frank <tf...@registrar.uoguelph.ca>.
Beautiful! The only part I was missing was pointing to the
listUsers.html file specifically. I still get errors and exceptions in
the logs relating to the user authentication, but things seem to work.

Thanks,

Tim

Posted by James Mason <ma...@apache.org>.