Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Thomas-W Hofmann <th...@db.com> on 2006/12/04 11:37:51 UTC

BUG Roller 31. RC1 Inconsistent Handling of EDIT Entry -$url.editEntry($entry.anchor)

Hi, there seems to be a problem when the titel of an entry contains german
umlauts.

When using the [EDIT] link in the shown Weblog the URL to edit the entry
is :
(<a href="$url.editEntry($entry.anchor)">Edit</a>)

/roller/roller-ui/authoring/weblog.do?method=edit&weblog=patente&entry=handelblatt_michael_rhein_%C3%BCber_patente
(Which does not work)

When using the Create&Edit:Entries from the Admin menu clicking the Entry
the link is :

/roller/roller-ui/authoring/weblog.do?entryId=8a0cbbc80f10c297010f194f9118001f&method=edit
(Which does work)

The template guide does not list a new $url.editEntry as I can see.

Thomas

--

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.

Re: Antwort: Re: BUG Roller 31. RC1 Inconsistent Handling of EDIT Entry -$url.editEntry($entry.anchor)

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
Roller uses UTF-8 uniformly for URLs as well as content.  For any URLs
containing non-7-bit ASCII characters, you will get mangled Roller URIs, and
they will result in pages not being found.

You may be able to set up a second HTTP connector using a different port on
the same Tomcat if you can't set up a separate instance entirely.

--a.

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
The only char set that would work without defining it in server.xml is
ISO-8859-1 (the default).

I'd really recommend against the configurable charset approach.  It is just
rife with issues.

Our current approach using UTF-8 really is the cleanest and most robust for
the widest array of character sets.

--a

Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: BUG Roller 31. RC1 Inconsistent Handling of EDIT Entry -$url.editEntry($entry.anchor)

Posted by Thomas-W Hofmann <th...@db.com>.
HI Allen, I like that,

but changing the EditEntry handler to use the EntryID instead of the
Entry-handler would fix this without major changes.

-Thomas

Posted by Allen Gilliland <al...@sun.com>.

Posted by Thomas-W Hofmann <th...@db.com>.

Posted by John Doe <Lo...@gmx.net>.